Monday, January 30, 2012

Now off to Arizona

latest part of our journey...

Since our amazing time together in September her physical health has, of course, declined but for every tumor level increase her soul and heart exponentially grows.

She doesn't ask me to hide my sadness and anger over her cancer and that Im pissed she is leaving me physically too soon and in return I am excepting that she can be okay with going.  

We tell each other all the time how much we love each other and how much we mean to each other.  

She tweets all the time that cancer can have her body... but that all it will take.  She holds nothing back when expressing her love and caring for those around her.  She makes sure everyone knows exactly what the mean to her now and forever.

So we have come to the point where it is time to rally the troops.  My mom and I leave for Arizona in just a few weeks and will stay at least 3 weeks.  It makes people uncomfortable when I say I want to see my aunt again before she dies or that I "hope" to be there at the end of her time here.  

Cancer and other terminal illnesses are strange beasts that come and leave you with as many gifts as they do scars.  I can honestly say I am a better person because my aunt is dying of cancer.  

If God wills it I want to be there at the end.  I want to witness her spirit and her soul being set free.  Free from pain, meds, foggy chemo brain, doctor appointments, waiting... free to be in peace.  She has given me sooooo much I want to be able to see her go up to where she will have it all. 

I never saw the beauty in death before her.  She has taught me that regardless of your physical limitations, your heart can always give comfort and strength to others. She has taught me so many lessons about the real meanings of life, love and ultimately death.



I could go on forever with how amazing she is but I will save that for another blog... 

No comments:

Post a Comment