Monday, January 30, 2012

Why Im doing this....

I apologize now for my horrible writing, run on sentences, embarrassing grammar  and lazy wording :) 
I grew up with a single mom (dad not in the picture) away from all of our extended family. It was hard being in a different state than all of my aunts, uncles, grandparents etc...

As early as I can remember my aunt and uncle went out of their way to make me feel special, seen, loved and included. Basically like I mattered.  To a little girl with no Daddy I can't adequately describe what that meant.  

They were the ones that always sent the coolest presents and I don't mean expensive stuff, the kind of presents that meant they knew me, saw me, got me and thought of me.  I remember when I moved into my first apartment  I received a huge box in the mail filled with junk food and college essentials (my mom was a health food nut).  First time I had ramen, lucky charms and canned chilli.  They would make sure and take me to do EVERYTHING when I stayed with them, even if it was just for a second just so I could tell people I did them.  They knew it was hard being the kid who hadn't been here or done that.  They weren't trying to spoil me... they just wanted me to be as happy as I could be.

I always felt like they not only loved me be but actually liked being around me and enjoyed me as a person too, again to a kid whose own dad didn't even want that...

So fast forward through decades of love and my Aunt is diagnosed with the "C" word

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story some people never have that........feel that special even with 2 parents or a million family members. I love how she loved you and love how you were loved! What a blessing, thank you so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, she has taught me so much this is the only way I can think to pass it on

      Delete